Here are a few of our upcoming tasting events. Please check back frequently for updates and let us know if you would like to host or attend one in your area.
- October 18, 2010 – Seattle – Seattle Chefs Collaborative Meet & Greet – Terroir of Beef and Wine
- November 7, 2010 – Los Angeles – Los Angeles Idea Project – Psst! It’s Not About The Marbling
Here’s a short very list of where we’ve been to date. Put your own name, town, restaurant, or meat on the map here!
Artisan Steak Tasting Supper, August 30, 2010, Seattle, WA. Sold out!
An optional event during the 2nd annual International Food Bloggers Conference from Foodista, this tasting included an expert panel moderated by Nicole Aloni, Cookbook Author and blogger at A Conscious Feast, and a full Artisan Steak Tasting and four course meal. Panelists included Carrie Oliver, Founder, The Artisan Beef Institute and The Oliver Ranch Company; Tracey Baker, Owner, The Gleason Ranch; Tracy Smaciarz, Owner, Heritage Meats Washington; Dylan Giordan, Executive Chef; and Guy Harris, owner, Cru Selections.
- The Gleason Ranch: Dry-aged, Grass-fed Angus-Cross, Brady, Washington; Heritage Meats Washington, Rochester, WA. Review and tasting notes.
- Silvies Valley Ranch: Dry- and wet-aged, Grass-fed Red Angus-Cross, Silvies Valley, OR; Nicky USA, Portland, OR. Review and tasting notes.
- Jones Family Farm: Dry-aged, Grass-fed Angus-Cross, Lopez Island, WA; Island Grown Farmers Co-op, Skagit County, WA. Review and tasting notes coming soon!
- Highland Oak Farm: Dry-aged, Pasture Grain-Finished Simmental-Angus Cross, Scio, OR. Review and tasting notes coming soon!
The New Culinary Order, Annual Conference. The Provenance of Beef™
April 22, 2010 – Portland, Oregon – International Association of Culinary Professionals Artisan Steak Tasting – Sold Out!
- US Wellness Meats: Wet-Aged, Grass-Finished Angus Cross, Northern MO and West Central IL; JF O’Neill Packing, Omaha, NE; Quality Processing Services, Omaha, NE. See our tasting notes & rating!
- Open Space Meats: Dry-Aged, Grass-Finished Angus Cross, Northern California and Western Nevada; Yosemite Valley Beef Packing, Merced, CA; Sonoma Direct, Sonoma County, CA
- The Oliver Ranch Company: Dry-Aged, Grain-Finished Charolais Cross, Flat Iron Mountain Region, CO; C&C Processing, Diller, NE. Also available directly from Colorado’s Best Beef though using a different slaughterhouse and butcher. See our tasting notes & rating!
- Montana Ranch Brand: Wet-Aged, Grain Finished Piedmontese-Cross, United States High Plains; JF O’Neill Packing, Omaha, NE; Brian O’Neill & employees.
- KK-Bar Ranch: Dry-Aged, Grass-Finished Registered Black Angus, Scott River Valley Region, CA; Johansen Meats, Orland CA. See our tasting notes & rating!
- Scott River Ranch: Dry-Aged, Certified Organic, Grass-Finished Angus Cross, Scott River Valley Region, CA; B & D Meats (Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth), Roseburg, OR; Bart Guthrie.
Public Artisan Steak Tasting, Teatro Zinzanni & Taste Catering – The First Public Artisan Steak Tasting
Slow Food Toronto, Heritage Chicken Tasting, Victor Restaurant, Toronto – Canada’s First Artisan Chicken Tasting
Deerhurst Resort, Thrill Of The Grill, Muskoka Region, Ontario – World’s First Artisan Beef Burger Tasting
Mary Luz Mejia, Private Tasting, Toronto